Friday, July 11, 2008

How to take a good picture?










pictures are copyright of www.theredshutter.com photography























For those of you that know me.. hi everybody - leave comments please but i know you all are too lazy to do it. But those who don't know who I am, apart from my motion graphics, I'm also a film writer wannabe, a film director going-to-be, and last but not least, I'm very much into photography.

So hey that's the other side of me. I've decided to give this blog some content and decided I would share photography tips with you here in this blog.

How important is equipment? I'd say a proper equipment is important as it helps you to take better quality pictures, but not neccesarily a good picture.

For me, a good picture at the very basic should capture a moment in time worth remembering. Which is probably why in the old days our parents used to force us to smile as wide as possible - the purpose is to make us look more than ordinary. So we look good, and worth taken a picture of.

I'd say the same concept still plays strongly in this day and age. If you look at the picture at the very top, one of the reasons why I post that picture is the emotion of the bride. I could have taken a picture of them simply sitting in the car tired from all the ceremony going on, probably interesting - true - but I decided to take pictures of more upbeat moments which is more appropriate to the event..
I guess what I'm trying to say here is moment. Capture the right moment and you have yourself at hand the very basic of a very good picture

It's easier to take a picture of a naughty boy than a shy boy. Have you ever seen macro pictures of bugs? They are usually on leafs, but you hardly see pictures of just leafs. A lion jumping towards its prey will make a more interesting picture than a lion sleeping in the afternoon. All these convey the message of moment. Find that moment and click it! What moments are worth remembering? well you decide.

1 comment:

  1. Viva La Vida....cool tips...we want more...we want more...

    ReplyDelete